Directed by Sophie Woroons, Ph.D. and the team of amazing teaching pros from Brookstone tennis.
107 River Club Drive, Anderson, SC 29621 (located close to Bosch by Hwy 81).
Fun, organized, guaranteed to get your little ones napping in the afternoon, and promising to get the teenagers off their video games!
Brookstone tennis is where we teach your children the sport of a lifetime!
We alternate weeks between kids camps and Teen camps.
|Kids Camp Ages 4-6 and 7-11 from 9:30 to 12:00
||Teen Camps Ages 12-18 from 10:30 to 1:30
|Week of June 11th
||Week of June 4th (1:30 to 4:30)
|Week of June 25th
||Week of June 18th
|Week of July 9th
||Week of July 16th
|Week of July 23rd
||Week of July 30th
|Week of August 6th
Cost: $140 by May 1st, $150 30 days early: $160 late registration $170 at the door. Brookstone Members receive $10 off
The structure is:
- The first half of the camp is focused on technique and form… Don’t get me wrong, we keep them entertained but we make sure they learn proper form.
- Then, we take a snack break for about 15 minutes before we concentrate on applying our new skills through games and activities or on some supervised match play for the older ones.
- Once in a while, we might “accidentally" spray them with the water sprinklers…
Since we’ll welcome children of different ability levels, we’ll spend the first hour on Monday to evaluate your child’s skills and make sure he/she is in the right group. We’ll also have made a note of friends wanted to be paired up together.
We use adapted equipment for the younger ones, such as mini-nets, smaller racquets and low pressure tennis balls.
Advanced teens or beginner teens alike will be placed in different groups with a different instructor so their development can be maximized.
- In the summer, we have 5 full time certified instructors on staff including
- Sophie Woorons, Ph.d. and 8 times National Champion
- Coach Luke, 40 years of experience in Child development
- Coach Max, Southern U30 Tennis Pro of the year 2018
- Coach Hal, Erskine’s men’s Head Coach
- Coach Colin, our youngest star, a graduate from the College of Charleston and former number 1 for Wren high school
Our team of experts is what makes our camp a memorable experience for your child. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
For more information, don’t hesitate to contact me via email here